TAX ID # and Address:
LSUA Foundation TAX ID #58-2024467
P.O. Box 5512
Alexandria, LA 71307
We are grateful for your generous support, and we take seriously our responsibilities to you. Following are the tenets that guide our relationships with donors.
A Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
Developed by: Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers,employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.